Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Today is an emotional day in the Herbert house. I came home from my interview to find my family very sad. Maggie, our fun loving, dancing, friendly, big-hearted dog had passed away. So unexpected. So shocking. She was herself last night and this morning and then boom, things changed. My parents did all they could to try to save her.


Automatically I think of me not being able to say goodbye, but I do have those true Maggie memories. She was Maggie last night and that's how I get to remember her.


She always greeted me when I got home from work. Dancing at my feet til I acknowledged her. She ate anything and she loved to sleep right up next to my chest in the mornings. She was my favorite. She was my dog. But I do believe that she is up in heaven. A dog like Maggie would go nowhere else.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

im so sorry about maggie... i only met here a couple times... but she was great and fun and barked at me alot, just like any good dog should do.